Princess and the pasture

The lack of posting can only be attritubted to one thing...I'm damn busy.  I know, I know, I know--I should write more.  But gosh darn it, summer is here and there's a LOT to do around here during the day.  I don't mean "my-to-do-list-is-a-page-long" sort of alot.  I mean "I-could-write-you-a-novel-about-all-the-shit-I-have-to-do-but-don't-really-have-the -ime-to-do-it" sort of long. But hey, that's what "adulting" is all about, right?  Anyway, between work and business; things have been a little crazy around here.

There's been some pretty spectactular fun mixed in that crazy though.  Carol finally got her first horse, Princess, a mini.    As you can see, she and her brother sure do love Princess.   We're told Princess rides and drives, so I'm excited to be learning something new.  I know NOTHING about driving horses.  I have a good local resource who does lots of driving, but if any of you have some tips, ideas, or suggestions---please comment and let me know.  This will be a new thing for me!


We also added another dog, Genious, to our family.  A friend of ours moved to town and Genious is WAAAAAAY to active to enjoy that.  While he has had to learn to hang in his crate while we're gone during the day, he spends the rest of his time playing with the kids and our other pup, Frankie.

In other news, we HAD 12 chickens, but sadly are down to three survivors.  
Hattie, and her two crownies, seem to be enjoying the abundant supply of feed they no longer have to share with 9  other chickens.

So far, I'd have to say it's been a fun summer playing farmer.  We've been working on getting paddocks organized, making plans for future barn building, and just trying to figure out what we want where.  It's a lot, but I feel so lucky to finally be in the position to have those choices.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY for the equestrian

Frick on a stick!

This and that