Where the hell have I been?




I've been to the auction
I've been to the fair
I've been to college
Over the past few months
I've been every where!

Good grief it's been a wacky few months.  In July I resigned from Head Start and started teaching full time at a local technical college.  Rewarding?  Yes!  Bigger paycheck? Yes!  Time saver?  No!  Between my schedule, my husband's schedule, and the kid's schedule I've barely had time to think about oils or my horses.  So...you might ask, how do I work it in?  

Well, as far as my essential oils business, I do what I can, when I can.  I've cut down teaching classes for now but hope to pick up again in the summer when my schedule will soften a little bit.  I share my daily routines with folks or offer oils when appopriate--otherwise, we're at a standstill and I'm good with that right now. 

Riding?  Well, I squeeze in a few minutes during the weekend, but have actually just been spending more time on daily horse care (like getting hay put up for the year) or ground work.  I figure, if we are solid on our ground work, the occassional ride will go more successfully!  Right now, I've been experimenting with some target training with Hoss.  I'm teaching him to touch a target with his nose and will eventually shape that into him loading himself in the trailer.  Why do I want to do this?  I don't know.  Just seemed like a fun thing to try and something different.  Right now, we're working on gradually increasing the distance between himself and the target I want him to touch.  It's fun and something I can spend just a few minutes on with him and still build our relationship. 

Rangling kid schedules?  Well, that takes a miracle and you probably should look at Pinterst for tips there.  Some days I'm not even sure if my head is attached at the neck.  I might be a little scatter-brained for the next few months, but I'll surely keep trying to move one hoof at a time! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY for the equestrian

This and that

Frick on a stick!