Frick on a stick!

Image result for secret

I've got a confession.  It's a dark, dirty secret and it has started to take over my life.    No, I do not have another horse.  Besides...it's no secret those 4-legged-hay-eating-hair-shedding-balls-of-joy have taken over my life.  Wait...new essential oils stuff?  Nope.  Not oils related either.

I carry this damn thing everywhere and am pretty obsessive about it.  In fact, I carry TWO with me. Maybe a new cell phone?  After all, I am kind of a tech junkie.....  Almost too much of a tech junkie at times.  In fact, I have given serious thought to this article on NPR and wonder, how many times have I upset my children because I needed to read one more article or look up "one more thing."  I work hard to take time to "unplug" but I wonder if my family and I might need to "unplug" a little more.  Alas, no new phone.  I might be a tech junkie, but I am a CHEAP tech junkie; which means I will keep my phone until it doesn't work anymore.  Especially since I'm not trapped in the stupid cycle of being hooked into a cell phone contract (thank you Straight Talk!).  So, no, it's not a new phone.

So....what's my confession?  **Drum roll, please** I have become a "Planner Girl." I mean, I guess I have always kind of been one, but now I've become one who "glam plans."  Some folks scrap book.  I don't, I plan and organize my life in a beautiful way.  Some folks let their creativity loose in song or paint.  Not me!  I glittlerize (is that even a word?) my week and dress up my to-do list.  Why?  Who the hell knows but it sure makes the mundane seem fun.  Plus, I AM considerably more organized when I use a pen and paper planner.  I don't know why this is, but it's true.  Actually, I keep two planners AND I use my digital calendar.  This might seem weird or a little obsessive, but I use each one for a different reason.  My digital planner helps me keep work and home balanced.  I use my paper/pen planner (the one I "glam plan" in) as a way to disconnect from technology, take notes, and carry with me at work.  My other planner is specific for organizing bills, money, and savings goals.

I tend to be one of those "pinterest fails" kind of gals, but I've been pretty impressed with my planning "spreads."  I have NEVER been crafty and I never really understood folks who attended scrap booking getaways...hence my post title.  I can safely safe, I have become one of "those" crafting girls who carry crafting supplies. In a separate bag.  Every where I go.

I've become so obsessed with using my planner, I'm now a member of the Planner Squad, where it's members are affectionately known as "Squadettes."

So far, I've found Planner Squad to be one of the most helpful websites when it comes to trying to cut things down, move things around, and figure out new and interesting ways to use my planner.   I've even started to consider some of the planner supply subscription services found on Crate Joy,  The Planner Society, or Happie Scrappie.  I'm not really sure which direction to go, so if any one has used these before--I'd love to read some feedback.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who has caught on to this Planner Girl craze, because this week I discovered there is a whole conference dedicated to planning.  I just missed the 2017 conference, so perhaps I'll be able to get in on the 2018 conference.

So...do you plan?  If so, what kind of planner do you use?  How do you use it?  I'm still trying to work my riding and my essential oil work into planning.  It's been fun to try and figure out how to keep myself all organized and I think it has been a key step into keeping myself sane these past few months!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY for the equestrian

This and that