I'm not cut to be a horse saleswoman.....


I'm seriously not cut out to sell horses.  It's a good thing I'm not trying to do this to earn a living or I'd be piss poor broke.  Unfortunately, I need to reduce our herd size; so I have one of our horses up for sale.  Now, since I'm basically amateur in all things horse related, my advertisement is very simple.  However, it covers the basics: breed, age, training, height, color, and a few pictures.  What I have found most frustrating is the ridiculous amount of questions I get, which the prospective buyer would all have at their finger tips if they read my damn ad.  Most of the questions I've received are specific to information clearly included in the ad.  My gut response is that I want to shoot back, "Read the DAMN ad," however, I check myself and politely answer the questions asked.  The second thought that goes running through my head is, "If you can't pay attention to small details like this, how are YOU going to manage taking care of this horse which I may sell you?"

Now, dear equestrian reader, before you skewer me--I know this is part of selling a horse.  I know I cannot be so judgmental (thus why I keep my comments to myself).  I certainly know I am no perfect equestrian (as if there is one!), nor do I know much of anything when it comes to horses or riding.   I do get that.  But, understanding all of those things and actually calming my frustration are two completely different things.

 For now, I'm going to just have to take a deep breath and remember the only person I have control over is me...and I REFUSE to let anyone rain on my equine infused parade.  I will just move out...one hoof at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY for the equestrian

Frick on a stick!

This and that