Green on green, makes black and blue!



"Green on green makes black and blue, wouldn't ride that horse if I were you!" (Mary Ann Kennedy) If you haven't heard the song, check it out.  It's certainly is applicable when it comes to selling a horse.  I had a gal come look at the horse who I currently have for sale and she sounded so much more confident and experienced via e-mail than she actually was.  The more I spoke with her in person, the louder this song blared in my head.

I was so thankful she brought someone with her because I could tell pretty quickly there was no way that she was going to be too successful with the green gelding I've got up for sale.  I've been pretty fourth right with folks (a.k.a. overly honest) when it comes to the horse in question (who is not, by the way, the one pictured above).  I want him to go to a good home, so I'm pretty clear that he is green and needs someone who is a confident, cool cucumber.  Based on the conversations we had via e-mail, I really thought she'd be a good fit.  But, I couldn't have been more wrong and felt horrible she had driven the distance she had only to find out my gelding was much too green for her.  In fact, I felt so bad, I referred her to someone else who had some horses for sale.  Like I said in a previous post, I'm not so cut out for this horse selling business.  On to the next perspective buyer, I guess!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY for the equestrian

Frick on a stick!

This and that